background

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Food resolutions...

I have a few foodie specific resolutions that I would like to list here this year...

First, I would like to master some really great, from scratch bread recipes. I make bread in my bread maker occassionally, but I want a hand made (my mixer can help) beautiful couple of loaves that I can be proud of. I would specifically like to find a really great (soft, chewy, and oil infused) foccaccia recipe, an amazingly simple (hole filled, chewy on the inside, crusty on the outside) baguette recipe, and a basic (but can be dressed up a hundred different ways) loaf bread recipe. I am completely intimidated by yeast, but this year is the year to correct that.

Second, I would like to make some great soups this year. I am not holding myself to a certain number per month, but I would like to try 12 soup recipes before 2012. Matt specifically asked for a soup that could be fetched by a goat (movie reference), but I think we will stick with a handful of creamy, handful of veggie filled, and a handful of stew like soups.

Third, I have a ton of restaurants "backlogged" (or as Matt said...backblogged) that need to be out there for the world to know about. So I would like to get some large posts out that include our food in NYC, Quebec, Our England trip, my favorite places for Mexican, Sandwiches, Italian ect...

Additionally, I would like to use my cookbooks more. I have some really amazing cookbooks that I have collected over the years, but find that I usually just type a recipe into google and have it do all the hard work. Instead I would like to pull out the cookbooks and let the inspiration wash over me.

No comments: